>Not sure what to tell you from here.  fbdev is the "generic" X driver in
>the PPC world.  If that won't even bring up X in some sort of mode, then
>you're running out of options.  Are there errors in the log?
>
>Stew Benedict

i did a complete re-install of mandrake-cooker but using Xpmac instead of
XFree, now i do have at least one screen/card pair working. I've choosen
that because i've seen at the install BOOT that the mandrake installer
was using Xpmac...

i do have still other probs :

1 - some error message at boot (extract from /var/log/messages) :

Jul  9 13:05:01 baladeur depmod: Can't open /lib/modules/2.4.18-4mdkBOOT/
modules.dep for writing
jui  9 13:05:29 baladeur modprobe: modprobe: Can't open dependencies file
/lib/modules/2.4.18-4mdkBOOT/modules.dep (No such file or directory)

looking into /lib/modules, i've seen only one folder :

/lib/modules/2.4.18-6.1mdk/

what could i do in order to correct that point ?

2 - modem although their is a symlink from ttyS0 to /dev/modem after
configuring an isp, kppp gives an error message "unable to access modem"

3 - how do I arrange a french keyboard when using Xpmac (console under
root is OK now)

I think the major point to start with is managing dependencies (ie. /lib/
modules/2.4.18-4mdkBOOT/modules.dep)

--
Yvon Thoraval