On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, Isaac wrote:

> ok, it's back. I think. Haven't tried rebooting yet. But downgrading seems to
> have worked.
>
> For the archives:
>
> Cooker: don't use it on a machine (or perhaps partition) your life depends on.
> Seriously, just don't even go there. I was warned and did it anyway. Now I
> know. Just Don't.
>
> Thanks everybody for the tip to downgrade glibc.

I'm glad it worked, but if you really want to play cooker, bypassing the
glibc upgrade is only going to lead you to more trouble downstream.  It's
a core piece of the pie, and everything is being built against it.  I
think I've said this before, but you either have to go all the way in
cooker, or stick with 8.2, you can't mix/match very successfully.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc