On 31 Jul 2002, Brice Figureau wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It seems I'm running into some other problems on my quest for cooker:
>
> * the locales-2.3.1.3-1mdk and locales-en-2.3.1.3-1mdk seems broken
> (even if the md5 sums and the gpg signature are OK):
> in /usr/share/locale/en/ LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE points respectively to
> ../de_AT.ISO-8859-1/LC_COLLATE and ../br_FR.ISO-8859-1/LC_CTYPE.
> Since I don't have those two locales, perl keeps complaining about
> unknown locale.
> I'm rebuilding the src.rpm to see if it changes something (BTW there
> seems to be a missing BuildReq in the src.rpm to glibc-i18ndata).

I've been seing that too.  Thanks for the pointer, as I jadn't really
investigated the root cause.  glibc-i18data just recently broke away from
the main glibc package and I know it broke lsb and possibly some other
things, as far as Requires/BuildRequires.

> * Desperately no mouse/trackpad. I tried to revert to 8.2
> devfsd/hotplug/initscripts/gpm but no chance, and nothing appears in the
> logs.
> gpm starts without troubles, but does not log anything.
> Kdm or X don't log anything unusual about the mouse.
> What is 'funny' is that booting with devfsd=nomount enable the mouse
> *but* only with gpm - not with X...so it really seems to be related to
> /dev entries.
> About the mouse, again, current cooker initscript fails while loading
> usb-ohci, but it is OK, since usb-pohci is in the kernel.

Ok, then I bet the updated devfsd broke things, as I patched the 8.2
version specically for PPC.  The normal mouse setup is:

/dev/mouse -> /dev/usbmouse -> /dev/input/mice

I'm not at my machine to give you the fixed /etc/devfsd.conf? lines.

> * No sound - but I'm used to, same trouble with 8.2 - my computer seems
> rather too new.

possibly - don't know offhand on that one

> * Apache/mod_perl complains about missing libperl.so. Once fixed in
> /etc/ld.so.conf, it complains about the lack of the following symbol
> perl_init_i18nl10n (is it related to the locale trouble ?)

Not sure about that one either, but it doesn't sound necessarily PPC
specific (at least the ld.so.conf part).  You might drop a line to the
maintainer of that package.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc