>> The CD I'm currently using is the 8.2beta2 CD.
>> It boots with kernel 2.4.18 and 2.2.20 and has also got
>> modules.cz-2.4.18-4mdkBOOT and modules.cz-2.2.20-9mdkBOOT in
>> Mandrake/mdkinst/lib/.
>>
>> IIRC the cooker/ppc mirrors only have kernel 2.4.13, 2.2.XX and 2.2.YY
>> and thus only modules.cz-2.4.13-XmdkBOOT etc in Mandrake/mdkinst/lib/.
>>
>> That means that I can NOT do a net install with the cd's!
>>

> I acknowledged that the mirror install image may be out of date.  I said
> you can do a local net or hd install using what you have and the RPMS
> from
> the mirrors. I don't have the access to update the installer on the
> mirrors.
>
> Stew Benedict

Ok, too bad you can't change the installer on the mirrors... would be
great for me.
This is how it looks like:

I have to boot from HD cause the kernel on the CD is wrong.
If I use the cooker kernel it panics at boot.
If I use the CD-kernel then I have to get a complete mirror of
Mandrake-cooker on my HD,
and I haven't got that much space on my spare HFS partion.

And I really would like to install cooker...

//ernie