On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 12:21:07PM -0500, Barry Hertzberg wrote:
> Checking Internet Connections to start at boot. It freezes up here.
> The first time it froze and then i rebooted and after like 10 minutes
> it gave me al that hex and stuff. I'm trying to get it back to doing
> that but after my last reboot it had to "fix" a bunch of file system
> problems that it found and then it just hung at "Checking Internet
> Connections to start at boot."

chkconfig --del internet
If you configured a dialup account when you installed the OS it'll try
to start it in the internet startup script upon boot.  There's a bug
that unfortunately makes it hang.  Disabling the internet startup script
will not make your dialup or network connections not work.  It just
means it won't start the dialup at startup.  Network Interfaces (e.g.
Ethernet) get started by the network init script and will still startup
fine.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols