On Wed, 2002-11-27 at 17:16, Thomas Geenen wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 November 2002 17:12, you wrote:
> > Le Mercredi 27 Novembre 2002 14:42, Stew Benedict a écrit :
> > > BTW - your mailer is overriding the "Reply To:" for the list so I have to
> > > reply to all recipients for my answers to hit the list.
> >
> > This a kmail pb, some poeple said me the same thing (I use kmail). I don't
> > know how to fix this. (my Reply To: is empty on my kmail configuration).
> i even added my hostname to /etc/hosts so its probably not a lookup issue.
Why don't you use postfix ?
It is really faster than sendmail, and also really simpler to configure
(and I don't talk about the security) the postfix mailing list is
helpfull in case of trouble.
Postfix is 'compatible' with sendmail, and thus should work fine with
kmail.
The mandrake package is well done  (especially the cooker one), and
usually you just need to change the myhostname setting in
/etc/postfix/main.cf to have a perfectly running MTA.

Beside that, sendmail should log why it is not working properly for you,
did you had a look to your mail log  (/var/log/mail/*) ?
Did you try to send a mail directly with the sendmail interface ?

Brice