On Sat, Dec 07, 2002 at 06:57:04AM -0500, Stew Benedict wrote:
> This should have been setup by "alternatives".
>
> [root@powerbook root]# ls -l /usr/sbin/xinetd
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           24 Oct 24 22:05 /usr/sbin/xinetd
> -> /etc/alternatives/xinetd*
> [root@powerbook root]# ls -l /etc/alternatives/xinetd
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           22 Oct 26 16:56
> /etc/alternatives/xinetd -> /usr/sbin/xinetd-2.3.9*
>
> This machine has just been constantly urpmi'd, but I checked the iMac
> which had a clean install and the links are there also. Not sure what
> happened in your case. %post scriptlet error perhaps?

update-alternatives stinks... Every 9.0 install I've seen hasn't had the
links for postfix made right.  If you run update-alternatives --config
mta then they get fixed... Why they aren't done properly at install time
I have no idea.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"If you're not making any mistakes, you're flat out not trying hard
enough." - Jim Nichols