> kernel-benh-2.4.20-1mdk.ppc.rpm

Works mostly fine. Only troubles so far were:

o When installing it with urpmi, it complains about "unresolved symbols in
lib/modules/2.4.20-benh-1mdk/kernel/net/sunrpc/sunrpc.o"

o When booting it for the first time, it complains about not being able to
write to "/lib/modules/2.4.20benh-1mdk/modules.dep". That's because the
modules are in 2.4.20-benh-1mdk (with a dash). I worked around this by
making 2.4.20benh-1mdk a symlink to 2.4.20-benh-1mdk.

o When mounting filesystems at boot it "can't locate module supermount" and
thus "fs type supermount not supported by kernel".

Otherwise, everything seems to work alright. My Powerbook even sleeps with
this kernel, which it didn't do with the other ones (the colors on the X
console are wrong after waking up, but this can be cured by switching to a
text console and back).

And two unrelated notes:

o Everytime I log out from Gnome or KDE to the graphical login (kdm?), the
mouse pointer is frozen (but keyboard navigation works), and I have to
restart the X server to get it working again.

o Somehow my configuration of using F10 and F11 as middle and right mouse
buttons got lost. How can I get this back? I vaguely remember that there
were some lines about it in some configuration file (maybe
/etc/sysctl.conf), but what are they exactly?

 -Christian