Using the 9.x-ppc-cooker-install-2.iso, about 200 mb, and ftp to a server
containging /linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/ppc on my local network.

Following the instructions, I setup bootX and began installation on my
powerbook wallstreet I.

Installation procedes, it doesnot detect the builtin lan on this G3, I specifi
the kernel module and setup static ip, the network initalized, specified ftp
as the source, directed it to the proper location and it promptly began the
download of the mdkinst_stage2.bz2, the progress bar gets to about 99%
complete
then I get an ::::

Oops: Exception in kernel mode, sig: 4
and a bunch of other stuff

install exited abnormally :-( -- received signal 4
you may safely reboot.....

Any clues whats crashing the install?
--
  3:02pm  up 18:05, 10 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.09, 0.08