On Thursday 19 December 2002 03:12 pm, Brent Hasty wrote:
A continuing saga

What is the proper procedure for using the  9.x-ppc-cooker-install-2.iso with
the mirrored /linux/Mandrake-devel/cooker/ppc on my local network?

I have set up bootX, I have the mandrake install directory on my Mac OS 9.1
desktop, therein i have the install mandrake ppc which I can click on, I
specify all.gz, and set the ramdisk to 3400.

the wallstreet then exits Mac os, the cd spins up and the system begins to
boot.

the first menue I get to asks about the medium:
        nfs
        ftp
        cdrom
        hard drive

When I select cdrom I can get as far as package installation with a nice 9.0
style installation menue, there it freaks out because at under 200 mb, the cd
obviously does not contain very many packages.

When I select ftp i run into the problem discussed below.

what is my procedural error?

--
  6:32pm  up 3 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.63, 0.45, 0.18