On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Brent Hasty wrote:

> On Saturday 21 December 2002 12:27 pm, you wrote:
> Hopefully I can explain,
>
> When I downloaded the cooking ppc off of sunet.se, and started the
> installation process using the bootX I installed from your cd-iso, the new
> stage two from sunet.se that I now have does not load sucessfully.
>
> follow?

Don't use the installer stuff from the mirrors it's known to be broken.
that's the purpose of the ISO, and I thought I explained things reasonably
well in the README.  All you want from the mirrors are the RPMs.

The installer stuff on the mirrors has been broken for close to a year and
most likely will remain that way.

> > On Sat, 21 Dec 2002, Brent Hasty wrote:
> > > I recently mirrored ftp.sunet.se, 2.5 GB in the ppc directory,  when
> > > I noticed this line in the oops comments printed to screen
> > >
> > > last math c045c000 last altivec 00000000
> > >
> > > This is a g3 wallstreet so no altavec is avaliable.
> >
> > You've pretty much lost me, 2 messages ago, you were into stage2 with
> > package errors.
> >
> > Stew Benedict
>
> --
>   1:56pm  up 19:26,  7 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.07, 0.02

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.openproject.net #cooker-ppc
Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&r=1&w=2