Hi now I am writing from Mozilla from Mandrake PPC 9.1 Beta2 on my Pismo, so it works!!

Good news:

Graphic enviroments are great and fast after installation.

All new Drak* software works well (local tcp printers are located better than MacOsX, network configurator setup my net in a snap)

Sound works perfectly!! (dmasound)

Problems

Graphic enviroment is not working during install in any combination (2.2 2.4 old or new gui): blue screen with freezed X-pointer.
So ....Text installation, but in some steps is not possible to select anything so only F12 to proceed.
also TEST of Xserver failed (libc++ cant be found!!!!!!!!!) but after reboot all was ok.
Powerbook special keys are not understood so for instance sound level cant be modify from the keyboard.
By default only root can mount cdrom....mmmm...not a good thing in a easy-is-my-name distribution like Mandrake.

I would also ask you:
why qzerty powerbook keyboard are never presents? or even Mac ones? in my Linux experience only Debian recognises qzerty powerbook keyboard even in Italian (or other) languages. If would make the mapping could I send it to anyone to be included in final release?

which is the best url for updated Cooker Mandrake rpms to use in Software Sources Manager.

but after all I would to say that this beta is very good.
thank you for all you have done, congratulations!

Silvano Piazza