On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 01:34:08AM +0000, Jice wrote:
> if I use it, won't it destroy my partitions' content ?
> if so, why not doing it automatically at install time so that the installer
> doesn't get confused ? (but may be the user will get confused if his/her
> partitions sequence changed...)
>
> if I don't reorder my partitions, how can I install and have the right thing
> at the right place ?

No it won't destroy anything.  It just changes which partitions have
which numbers on them.  I've done this sort of procedure on my TiVo
(it's a PPC box and I used pdisk).  In the case of the TiVo it assumes
certain things are numbered certain ways so I was able to trick it into
having a larger swap partition temporarily to get around a fsck type
issue I had.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy. She is
the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the
champion only of her own." -- John Quincy Adams, July 4th, 1821