All,

Seems to me that older Mac, including my old Powerbook, and
the various desktops I have, all have an external SCSI Bus port. The price of
a SCSI CD drive runs between $19.99 for an 8X read only to $99.95 for a CDR/RW drive
with cables and enclosure. These drives are bootable so installation is not a problem.

As the community would gain access to more RPMs and become more mainstream with
various flavors of Unix/Linux it seems like a good idea to me, but that is just my opinion.

Charlie Carroll