On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been reading a lot of emails in this list but was so far unable
> find info on these things for installing 9.1 beta 2:
>
> - what should I select fro bus /usb

Shouldn't need to select anything - usb is built in.
If the installer forces you to, pick keybdev

> - what should I select for sound

Normally setup automagically - dmasound_pmac

> - what should I select for X-Windows

Normally setup, or at least attempted - have you actaully run the
installer?

> - how do I format the bootstrap partition by hand

hformat

> - how can I boot newly installed Mandrake from Open Firmware, boot
> hd:11,//?? or something like this

Depends on your partitioning scheme.  To boot the linux kernel directly,
or to boot yaboot? Is there a reason you don't want to use yaboot?

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc
Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&r=1&w=2