On Sat, 7 Jun 2003, Antonio Netzer wrote:

> Thanks everyone for all the info, this is what i ended up doing
> in case someone has similar problems
>
> i ran first
> %/sbin/modprobe sbp2
> %tail -f var/log/messages

sbp2 doesn't always do a good job of loading the needed lowel level
modules.

You can load firewire at boot by adding:

alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394

to /etc/modules.conf

I also used to use

below sbp2 ohci1394

To mount the CD, you probably want to also load sr_mod.

MandrakeSoft
PPC FAQ: http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/ppcFAQ.php3
IRC: irc.freenode.net #cooker-ppc
Archives: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mandrake-cooker-ppc&r=1&w=2