I could not get Mandrake 9.1 PPC to install on my 12" Powerbook G4 (NVIDIA GeForce4) using any of the gui setups. When I went to install-text the installation failed with a keyboard ioctl error (early in the installation). When I installed with install-gui-benh text the installation seemed to go fine. (Allocated all remaining free space in the installation ~ 15G)

When I choose linux on the bootloader and boot linux the boot fails with errors starting with

mount: error 6 mounting ext3 flags (null)
well, retrying read-only without any flag
mount: error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root(/sysroot,/sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
Remounting devfs at correct place if necessary
Mounted devfs on /dev
Freeing unused kernel memory: 160k init 4k chrp 8k prep
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel

I don't know what init= option to pass to the kernel -- by the way at the top of the screen (above the logo) the kernel is listed as Linux 2.4.21-0.13mdk -- is it possible that the benh kernel was not installed somehow?

Any help would be appreciated