On Thu, 24 Jul 2003, Alex Thurgood wrote:

> Le lun 21/07/2003 à 02:54, Stew Benedict a écrit :
>

> > Could be.  Try using drakconnect without going through harddrake.
> > Harddrake isn't too terrible useful on PPC anyway.
>
> Hi Stew,
>
> Sorry this is taking so long, but I've only got access to the machine 1
> day per week. I've just noticed that when I start "draknet" from a
> console as root, I get the following message :
>
> "Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/2.4.18-4mdkBOOT/modules.dep"
>
> I've also noticed this error message on boot up of the machine. It turns
> out that something somewhere is telling the programs look in
> 2.4.18-4mdkBOOT whereas this doesn't actually exist at all. My question
> then is this : where can I change the path to the correct modules.dep
> file ? Do I have to use depmod and specify the path ? If so, how do I
> get that to work on every boot ?

Ahh,

Seems we all overlooked the obvious.  This is the core of all your various
issues with network, sound etc.  You're booting with the installer kernel
(BOOT is the clue, although INSTALL would probably be better).  Get the
appropriate system kernel and initrd from the BootX folder on CD1 to boot
the system.  There are no modules for the install kernel installed on the
system.  It's only intended use is for the installer.

MandrakeSoft