On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> >Finally I got round to making a new benh kernel. For people with club
> >access, it is here (announcement also below):
> >http://www.mandrakeclub.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Splatt_Forum&file=viewtopic&topic=9957&forum=5
>
> Thanks, I got installed the normal one (not the smp). But when I added
> a yaboot entry with drakboot, it put lines such as:
> image=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]:13,/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/at
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:13,/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:13,/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 0/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]:13,/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk
>
> instead of:
>
> image=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
> PROTECTED]:13,/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk
I suspect this is more likely an installkernel but than a kernel bug, but
what you report is very weird: vmlinuz-2.4.21-0.13mdk is not my
kernel, it is the normal main kernel. Can you check again what exactly
happened? And if you are really using newest benh?

> I used video=radeonfb ; the linux bootstrap was in text mode. Everything
> was [OK]. I then started X and it works but when I put the machine to
> sleep, and wake it up the sreen displays kind of an ugly zoom on the top
> left corner of the former screen and the system is frozen. When I use
> the former benh kernel (2.4.20-benh9) the system wakes up, the display
> is reactive (although not usable) with a messy display (3 mouse cursors,
> horizontal blinky lines everywhere, ...).
yes, as Stew says, you need apm_emu. Perhaps I compile it into kernel
instead of module to make sure everyone has it.

> Other problem, I still get a the very-very-dark console mode problem
> with this new kernel. ie before starting X I can switch to and use every
> virtual consoles but once X is started their display is so dark that I
> can use them anylonger.
>
> I don't know if its a X configuration problem or a kernel/driver related
> one.
no idea:(

> Is the radeon of ibook 2.2 700MHz > 7500 or not ? (It is actually a
> Radeon Mobility M6 LY). Should I use radeonfb or ofonly ?
IIRC 7500 is an M7, but just try what uses best for you and report your
findings.

d.