> No I don't have a DSL line. What is cooker.tar? The whole site?
> Where is it?
> Also, how do I put it on my system. My Mandrake system boots automatically
> into KDE. How do I make these updates? Or do I install all over?
> I'm really
> confused.

Ok Sam, I will try and answer best I can how I do this with BPFTP.  I have
found that BPFTP works excellent to do the job at hand.

I have 3 hard drives.  The first is C: (fat16), and D:, where I keep Windows
(which I hope to get rid of soon!).

The second is E: (about 1 gig), with the unpartitioned space at the end that
I allow Linux to take charge of and Partition, divide, and setup as needed
(about 2 gig, but you don't need that much if you don't have it.  I suggest
about 1 gig though if you have the space).

The third drive is a 13 gig fat32.  This is where I store my download of
Mandrake (as well as a ton of other stuff of course).

You will need a directory called Mandrake, and the only other 3 you really
have to have under Mandrake is base and RPMs and instimage.  But I also put
the Images directory here (doesn't hurt anything) with the image files I use
for my install.  I also put the mdkinst directory here as that was the way
to install with the new Panoramix install for HD.

So download the RPMs into that directory.  You will need to keep them up to
date manually, in other words delete the files with the same file name first
then copy in the new one.  But to do this you need to see which ones are
new, so simply click twice on the column header Date/Time and that will sort
the new files to the top each time you do a directory refresh.

Then keep your other directories up to date, and do the install from your
mdkinst_hd.img Floppy.  You have to copy the .img files to the floppy with
either rawrite.exe or with rawwritewin.exe (with the diskio.dll file as
well) (in the dosutils directory).

Make sure you select the Linux boot partition to put the Linux boot loader
or your Master Boot record on C: will be overwritten, and you won't be able
to boot Windows.  At least this is the way it works for me.  (maybe someone
can tell you more about lilo and how that works.

Hope this helps.

Ask more question if you need to, and don't forget to continue to vote (4
times per day per IP connection) for a Linux port of BPFTP.

-Bill

> > http://www.freevote.com/booth/bpftp
> >
> > One of the BEST FTP clients under Windows might have a
> > chance for a Linux Port.
> > And remember you can vote up to 4 times, per day, per IP
> > connection.
> >
> > -Bill

  • Re[2]:... tracer
    • R... tracer
    • R... Sam Gentile
      • ... Axalon Bloodstone
    • R... Sam Gentile
      • ... Lorne Shantz
      • ... Bill & Lea Greenwood / Vision Computer / Fringe on the Top, Ltd
    • R... Sam Gentile
    • R... Sam Gentile