Ok, I'm having some pretty serious problems with the AES that comes with
Mandrake 6.1, and I hope someone here can help me out.  I posted to the
expert list and no one replied, so I'm gonna try here... =(  this is
really important and it's really starting to annoy me.

I want to use the PHP modules (mod_php3, midgard-php3, I don't really care
at this point) to connect to my PostgreSQL server.  Midgard can't do it,
it keeps coming back with unknown function pg_connect() which is no good.
Looks like mod_php3 has the same problem, so I downloaded the source RPM
for mod_php3 and tried changing the .spec file.  Now, in the .spec file
it's configured --with-mysql but not --with-pgsql, so I added it and now I
get this problem when I try to build the RPM:

In file included from internal_functions.c:63:
functions/php3_pgsql.h:46: libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory
functions/php3_pgsql.h:47: libpq/libpq-fs.h: No such file or directory
In file included from internal_functions.c:63:
functions/php3_pgsql.h:89: parse error before `*'
functions/php3_pgsql.h:96: parse error before `PGconn'
functions/php3_pgsql.h:96: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
functions/php3_pgsql.h:98: parse error before `}'
functions/php3_pgsql.h:98: warning: data definition has no type or storage
class
functions/php3_pgsql.h:101: parse error before `PGconn'
functions/php3_pgsql.h:101: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
union
functions/php3_pgsql.h:102: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class
functions/php3_pgsql.h:103: parse error before `}'
functions/php3_pgsql.h:103: warning: data definition has no type or
storage class

Now, I'm no programmer or I might hop in those header files and fix
whatever the problem is, but I can't do that... =(  Sounds like something
is wrong with the pgsql code?

I've got some small existing databases with pgsql and I'd like to continue
using them.  It wouldn't be *that* difficult to use mysql, but I find
pgsql a little easier to use than mysql, and I'd like to continue using
it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or help for me?  This has been driving me
crazy for about a week... I had Midgard installed up until this morning
and all the other PHP stuff works great... it just looks like Midgard
requires mysql whereas mod_php3 doesn't require anything, from what I can
see.. and it can use either pgsql or mysql.  Now, if Midgard can use pgsql
also, that's a bigger bonus, but I think the same problem exists for
Midgard as does for mod_php3 since they seem to be using the same pgsql
files (or at least the module names are similar and I would guess
interchangeable?).

Thank you *very* much in advance for help with this.

Vincent Danen ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) . ICQ: 16978834
http://shx.tzo.net . telnet://shx.tzo.net . http://tux.tzo.net
BBBS/LiI . Internet Rex for Linux Beta . Stronghold Enterprises/X BBS

Check out the new Linux Information site at http://tux.tzo.net