allxsan wrote:

> Hello, this morning I get a new BIG surprise :-)))
>
> About 100MB of updated packages, including kernel-2-2.13-23 (23!) but nothing
> new for installation :-(
> Last week I get a new xfree but after two hours a new xfree is out. I have seen
> fmirror deleting just downloaded ( and not used )packages :-(
>
> I know that cooker is experimental but I doesn't have the time to configure a
> working system, a working compiler, a working GNOME... everything changes in a
> few hours.
>
> In italy the phone bill is charged by minute, this mean that it's not only a
> time related problem but also cost too much for me.
>
> ISDN 64k connection need some time for download -20,-21,-22,-23 kernels, and
> sometimes kernel 2.2.xx is out twice a day
>
> I don't know if Mandrake team works in the same office/building or need to
> exchange packages. If this is the case, please can you exchange the files
> internally and post in the public cooker mirrors only the checked packages?
> I don't mean the stable version but something that must be tested in a working
> environment.
> Don't know why I have to download two kernel's a day, two xfree, the GNOME
> desktop but the italian installation still not working at all :-((
>
> Excuse me, but this seems to me like a cvs repository.
>
> Bye
> Alessandro
>
> ----------------------------------
> E-Mail: allxsan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 02-Nov-99
> Time: 08:56:42
>
> This message was sent by XFMail
> ----------------------------------

Very GOOD point Allessandro...
I stopped all cooker testing not too long ago since I noticed this, I am waiting
untill this continuing changing of
packages settles a little ;-)

The first mayor changes started with the introduccion of all those phyton and rh
new installation packages,

I am not on a fast internet connection, it takes me several hours to download
(mirror) everything, and sometimes
in just a few hours most everything changes!

Sergio Korlowsky