> "Tapio Riikonen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I downloaded the new files in /base + gi_hd.img. Wov, Gold is a worthy
name
> > for this piece of art! I can now go so far as to partitioning and
mounting.
> > After rebooting the partitions are there but the mount points have
> > disappeared. I give the mount points and reboot; again the mount points
have
> > disappeared, etc. in a loop. If I do not reboot, I get: mount failed. I
> > install Custom.
>
> strange, are u using the same partition as the mirror and the install
mount
> point? there's known buggy things there....

Success at long last! After mirroring again /base and /mdkinst from
ftp.sunet.se
I managed to finish the graphical installation of Cooker. This downloading
business of mirrors is like a tight-rope dance; one small step aside
(=corrupt or missing file) and you fall :-)

After experiencing DrakX I can proudly show this to my doubting friends who
maintain installing Linux is too difficult for the average user. Thanks a
lot Pixel & Co.!

Tapio