On Sun, 5 Dec 1999, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

> > > Well, if I may say (I'm probably more of a bother than helping here...),
>
> > No worries, i haven't tested any of this on alpha yet i set it all to
> > rebuild and went to sleep. I know if somebody can tell me why "tar xyf"
> > doesn't work it'll save me a lot of time in spec-hell
> hmmm... which version of tar are you using?? I'm using:
> tar-1.13.12-1mdk.
> I think the tar that comes with redhat is the problem...

Ah f**kin HA, i've just found the solution to i hope all my troubles, it's
got redhat droppings all over it, all that c++ stuff it compiled last
night is worthless. Now it makes more sense why half this stuff didn't
compile :)

[..]
> > didn't realize i'd put these here
> nope... that's my junk... the current Mesa in cooker doesn't have any
> if arch's in it.

i ment the --enable-{mtrr,agp} (i don't see those working well on a 386
either)

--
MandrakeSoft          http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
                                        --Axalon