> > > No worries, i haven't tested any of this on alpha yet i set it all to
> > > rebuild and went to sleep. I know if somebody can tell me why "tar xyf"
> > > doesn't work it'll save me a lot of time in spec-hell
> > hmmm... which version of tar are you using?? I'm using:
> > tar-1.13.12-1mdk.
> > I think the tar that comes with redhat is the problem...
> Ah f**kin HA, i've just found the solution to i hope all my troubles, it's
> got redhat droppings all over it, all that c++ stuff it compiled last
> night is worthless. Now it makes more sense why half this stuff didn't
> compile :)
Oeps... well, on my machine about 110 packages don't compile. I'm
working
on it to figure out for each package what the problem is...

Are you still using gcc that came with redhat? I want to upgrade it to
the
cooker one, but I'm a bit catious with it, I'm afraid that things get
broken. Any tips?

> [..]
> > > didn't realize i'd put these here
> > nope... that's my junk... the current Mesa in cooker doesn't have any
> > if arch's in it.
> i ment the --enable-{mtrr,agp} (i don't see those working well on a 386
> either)
;-)

Stefan