Kaixo!

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 10:32:25PM +0100, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:

>>> lilo-0.22-17mdk.src.rpm               --> milo??
>> And not only that; but the installer will need to be able to handle non-PC
>> booting; and non-PC hard disk partitionning.
> life ain't easy on an alpha...

It could be worst.

>> sgml-tools-1.0.9-3mdk
>> It seems t ohave disappeared from Cooker/Oxygen;
> I noticed that... anybody have any idea why??

I don't know.

>> but you can get the src.rpm from the sources CD of Linux Mandrake 6.0;
>> then build it on your alpha and console-tools should build ok.
> For some reason they don't compile... I just got the redhat 6.0 alpha
> one. Recompiling console-tools and some other packages that seemed to
> miss sgml now.

Does the Red Hat one include some alpha specific patches ?

> I'm also wondering how are we going to tackle binary packages. Say for
> example netscape. There is also a version for digital unix (yes, I know, you
> need the Tru64 libs, and you need a license for the libs...) and it runs on
> alpha-linux.
> Now, do we call the rpm netscape-alpha-<version>.src.rpm, or are we
> going to
> put all the sources together (alpha, sparc (??) and x86) and make the
> .spec
> file handle the different archs? This would make you end up with one
> HUGE
> src.rpm... any thoughts??

It would be better to separate the src.rpm (hem) files if they are compeltly
different; but keep, as long as possible, similar naming for the binary ones.

Also, maybe it would be nice, for the alpha version of the distrib, to include
the latest Mozilla milestone.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga