Dara Hazeghi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I upgraded to Mandrake Cooker from RedHat 6.1 . Things started out well.
> The graphical installer worked well, my SCSI card was detected etc.
> Unfortunately when it got to video configuration it would complain that
> it could not find and certain file by the name of "Cards" or some such.
> I skipped the step and rebooted.
>
> Upon rebooting I discovered a number of very irritating things. Cooker's
> installer had not cleanly unmounted my Linux partitions which resulted
> in a 10 minute FSCK.
> Cooker's max security mode did nothing other than
> shut down all network interfaces so they wouldn't launch on bootup as
> well as most of my daemons.

First, msec does not shutdown any network interface in any security mode.
Sorry, it does many other things, but you didn't see them.

> Most aggregious was that it actually
> commented out my /etc/resolv/conf .

Msec didn't use /etc/resolv.conf
[yoann@jinn msec]$ grep -r "resolv.conf" *
[yoann@jinn msec]$

--
                -- Yoann http://www.security-addict.org
 It is well known that M$ product don't make a free() after a malloc(),