A very annoying bug (kcmdpms always showing an error dialog box on startup),
reported by many Mandrake users, has been fixed.
Perhaps the RPM should be updated ?

----- Forwarded message from Henning Busacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -----

From: Henning Busacker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: David Faure <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: RE: Bug in KDE DPMS module (in the control center)
Date:   Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:58:22 +0100

On Don, 23 Dez 1999, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just helped some people on the newsgroups that had the same problem.
>Something I perhaps should have mentionned : the approach above ("if you install
>kcmdpms, then your X server must support DPMS") is fine for people that install
>stuff themselves.
>Now that there are linux distributions, people get a lot of stuff installed,
>before even knowing what it's about.
>So it would be better if kcmdpms could :
>* do nothing with no error if the server doesn't support DPMS
>* have the option "turn me off" really turn it off, even if the server doesn't
>support DPMS.

Hi,
with the new Version 0.2.8 the problems should be solved.
A binary rpm -archiv for a i686  and glibc-2.1 can found on my homepage.
 ftp://home.netsurf.de/henning.busacker/RPM/kdpms-0.2.8-1.i386.rpm
The sources are also available at
 ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/stable/latest/utils/kdpms-0.2.8.tar.gz.
 bye,
Henning

ps: I wish you a merry christmas and happy new year
Homepage http:/home.netsurf.de/henning.busacker/

----- End forwarded message -----

--
David FAURE