I have used dhcp with a cable modem and it works perfectly. However the
autodetect routine on oxygen seems to be a little off It detected my
friends card as a boomerang instead of a 3c59x  based card this caused
dhcp to fail. I changed the module to the right one and everything owrked
fine. So I suggest checking the module getting loaded to make sure its
agreeing with your Nic's chipset.

Jayson