On Fri, 31 Dec 1999, David Hollingshead wrote:

> I've noticed a few people have asked this already, but noone seems to want
> to help, so I'm going to ask again.. I want to use RSYNC to get only the
> newest files when they are changed, but I'm uncertain, even after man rsync,
> on how to proceed..

It is best scripted, so create a file (touch <file>) and edit it to contain:

#!/bin/bash

rsync -vrltDuz --rsh ssh --delete \
rsync://rpmfind.net/linux/MandrakeCooker/oxygen/ \
/mnt/cdrimage/oxygen/

Then set execute permission for it:

chmod u+x <file>

To invoke it, connect to the internet and issue:

./<file>

Works like a dream!   With V90, the initial download will take a long time
(30 hours minimum, more probably 50) and updates are requiring about a 3
hour connect every 24 hours.

You can interrupt it ^C any time and resume later without any loss of data or
time.   Add an additional v (-vvrltDuz) if you want more feedback as to what
is going on.

--

Regards,

Ron. [AU] - sent by Linux.