System:
    Pentium II Celeron @ 433MHz
    64Mb RAM
    10Gb HDD

If I resize the DOS partition to 4Gb, the remaining 6Gb would be _plenty_
for Linux, of course, but I cannot make LILO boot the partition (it's past
block 1024). I have known of this limitation for the last year or so but it
didn't matter because I had my OSes on different hard disks. However, I have
customers asking for Linux & was wondering if there was an easy way to add
Linux to a currently Windows-only hard drive.

AFAIK, I could remove the old partition, install Linux as the first and then
Windows as the second partition, but that would of course mean losing the
old Windows partition.

Perhaps there is a boot loader which can overcome this problem?

TIA,

Hugo