I like ALSA!  It is (IMHO) a superior driver to OSS.  However I notice
that oxygen includes ALSA but installs OSS by default.  Is this the
intended functionality for Mandrake 7.0?  Is there any "sanctioned" way
for a user to switch to ALSA instead of OSS?

Before you suggest it, yes I know, I can hack conf.modules, but what I
am interested in here is raising the issue of how Joe User accomplishes
this, and why is OSS the default?

I am trying to run this beta from a user point of view, not a hacker
point of view.  I am trying to avoid hacking as much as I can and using
the supplied tools.  If I have to hack, then it is not ready for Joe
User.

Thanx,
b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX