from the quill of Axalon Bloodstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on scroll
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Sat, 8 Jan 2000, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
>
> To answer the original question,
>
> usermod -G audio`groups username|cut -d: -f2|sed -e 's/ /,/'` username

You are kidding me right?  What part of the
"So-you-are-a-Windows-weenie-and-want-to-run-Linux" manual will that be
in?   :-)

My point is that every user who is a potential Gnome desktop user will
need to be in the audio group.  Is there not a more friendly way to have
them in there?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell                              InterLinx Support Services, Inc.
North Vancouver, B.C.                                             604 983 UNIX