Some bugs in the mandrake-beta 7.0 :

1) I used Lothar sound-config to configure my Maxi Sound 64( module
CS4232). It was configured correctly except for the midi !
     In conf.modules was well added an entry  "options opl3 io 0x388"
.but no "alias midi opl3". I added  it.

2) I installed Mandrake without problems (maybe it should easier to step
back in the Installation options ...) but no Graphic Rpm manager was
installed ... I installed RpmDrake .DrakConf was not installed ... I
installed it. I don't remember well the options i had chosen during the
installation ... sorry.

3) Printer problems : I choose a printer during the installation and
decide to give it another name than "lp" ...  Later when I try to use it
It doesn't work ! Lpr is by default trying to find a printer called "lp"
...  I read the man page about lpr and try to change the Environnement
variable $PRINTER  they are talking about ... no way ... I had to
change the name of my printer to "lp"  or use the command lpr -P
the_name_of_my_printer ... Maybe a cleaner solution would be a good
idea.

4) I suppose you had the good idea to change the ide cdwriters to
scsi-emulations to allow writing with xcdroast and so on . Very well .
It's told to the kernel to use ide-scsi for hdd. -> it becomes sr0. But
the /dev/cdrom2 still links hdd. I had to change for sr0 and to make a
modprobe ide-scsi at boot.

5) A little error ... With KDE an icon on the root desktop links
/home/baudens ....

6) I wanted to change a bit my keyboard configuration .So i changed the
/etc/X11/xinit/Xmodmap. But it changed nothing ... In fact it was
because in the /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession it was written
"sysmodmap=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap" instead of
"sysmodmap=/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit/Xmodmap".

7) Some links missing in the menus : xcdroast,
gnome-toaster,lothar-soundconfig,etherconfig ...

8) The package gtk-engines maybe should be installed by default with
Gnome.

9) Wine-991212-1 package is given without a good wine.conf.

10) the gsu.0.9-2 package is corrupted :  it's only 1kb.

11) xmms-skins-0.9.5.1-7 installs well the skins but only root can use
them because the skins are zipped and noraml users can't unzip them them
in /tmp. Don't know why ?

12) problem with gcc : when I run ./configure  of a program I want to
compile, it tells me "gcc can't create executables .... problen with
installation or configuration."  . Maybe I must install other packages
with gcc-2.95.2-3 and bin-utils-2.95.0-16.

Well I hope it will help you ....  But your distribution is already
great  with these little bugs ...

Verdeyen Boris,belgium.