Kaixo!

> 3) Printer problems : I choose a printer during the installation and
> decide to give it another name than "lp" ...  Later when I try to use it
> It doesn't work ! Lpr is by default trying to find a printer called "lp"

Yes. You can however give it several names; separated by `|'
eg: "My funny name|lp|anotherone|foobar"

The first one is the one that will be showed by samba/g-print/etc.

I will add a little comment to the help of DrakX

> change the name of my printer to "lp"  or use the command lpr -P
> the_name_of_my_printer ... Maybe a cleaner solution would be a good
> idea.

change it from the_name_of_my_printer to "the_name_of_my_printer|lp"
trough printerdrake or printtool. (or simply editing the
/etc/printcap file)

> 6) I wanted to change a bit my keyboard configuration .So i changed the
> /etc/X11/xinit/Xmodmap. But it changed nothing ...

Indeed, the right file name should be /etc/X11/xinit/.Xmodmap (systemwide)
or $HOME/.Xmodmap (personal keyboard map)

> 11) xmms-skins-0.9.5.1-7 installs well the skins but only root can use
> them because the skins are zipped and normal users can't unzip them them
> in /tmp. Don't know why ?

What is the error message exactly ?
Check the permissions of /tmp (it must be drwxrwxrwt)
Can you try creating a $HOME/tmp/ ?

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga