> Was the japanese install OK ?

Yes!!  I can install Mandrake in Japanese messages and comments.
A few messages and comment are englsh, sorry I don't remenber which messages
are english. However, I think taht it isn't sirious problems.

I don't use installed Mandrake yet. (now, I just installed only!) Because,
I'm busy now.
So, I can't comment about Japanese enviroment of installed Mandrake 7.0 now.
But, if I use Mandrake on Japanese enviroment and find some bugs or
applicaiton
setting misses, then I will send these to you.

>  > I can't choice Japanese keyboard layout, for example jp106 etc,
>  > by "choice your keyboard" session of the darkX when I'm installing.
>  > (There are not choices of Japanese keyboard layout)
>
> I know.
> The reason is that I haven't data about them.
>
> I f you have some keymaps/xmodmaps for console and X11 I'll be happy to
> look at them.

The XFree86 has japenese keyboard layout maping.
I change Keyboard Section of the "XF86Config" file then I can use japanese
keyboad layout on X-WindowSystem.

----- the setting of Keyboard Section of the "XF86Config" ----
(where I changed only!!)

  XkbModel        "jp106"
  XkbLayout       "jp"

But on the console mode, I can't use Japanese keyboard layout.
I dont have japanese keymap for console, exactly I don't know
that which file is keymap of the Japense keyboards.
However, we can use Japenese keymap (jp106) on Mandrake Linux 6.1.
So, I think there are keymap of the Japense keyboards in Mandrake
Linux 6.1 CD-ROM (also in Mandrake 7.0).
If I find that file, then I will send that file or file infomation to you.

Thank you!!