Kaixo!

On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 06:47:25PM +0100, Pixel wrote:

> > Once I get ttindex (an executable) And I now have it.
>
> sorry, no kidding, ttindex was mailed only to Stefan for building the
> fonts-ttf-big5 package so i don't think you should care about it :)

ttindex is part of VFlib2, I'm surprized it seems not to be on VFlib3 anymore.
VFlib is a "virtual fotn library"; and it is used for some specific patches
to ghostscript to add japanese (and maybe other asian languages) TTF support
to it. So I include those indexes made with ttindex to the CJK fonts; as
that may be useful for people using them.

I hope the pango project (successor of gscript) of Gnome will definitively
solve all those ugly problems with fonts and languages and printing. But there
is still a lot of road to be done before the goal is reached.

--
Ki ça vos våye bén,
Pablo Saratxaga

http://www.ping.be/~pin19314/           PGP Key available, key ID: 0x8F0E4975