For linuxconf, I have libgd.so.1.7.3 which was installed with Air (I did
a full, fresh install). Suggestions would be great!

Will the egcs trick work for both ld.so and ldconfig? I haven't
installed egcs, but that's simple enough to do...

By the way, has anybody at Mandrake given consideration to a K6
optimized version? Heck, I have about 30% of Air's packages rebuilt
already (not counting all your recent updates to cooker). I don't know
how much of a difference it makes for most things, but Mesa can and will
use the 3DNow features of the K6 if present, I get excellent frame rates
for 3D code on my Voodoo3 card, better than with the i586 optimized
versions. I really should build a K6 Mesa version without Glide and a
version with Glide, just to have them available for friends.

John