Axalon Bloodstone wrote:

> cooker -> air = not supported
> oxygen -> air = insane
> air -> air = even more insane

What is this about? I think I'm using Air, but the oxygen
mandrake-release RPM was never updated.

> during the first few it was every hour, then 6hrs, I'm not sure off hand
> if it depends on the level in the one shipped with 7.0 if it doesn't it's
> set for 24hrs. Do you have both crond anacron installed :/

I do have them bothh installed, I had them both running, then I switched
to anacron only, because I'm not sure if they are conflicting and
causing jobs to run more than they should.

> > No, I meant your first guess. msec doesn't do any firewall things, but
> > it would be great if it did in a future version. I have been looking for
> > a firewall setup tool that is easy to use. If I do it by hand I always
> > end up blocking too much.
>
> still planed (yeah yeah, i know I'm a "lazy sob"), I'll do some digging
> and seee if i can avoid starting from scratch, again.. (I also tend to
> loose things ;)

There is a tool called "Lokkit: Firewall Configuration For The Rest Of
Us" by Alan Cox which is not meant to "configure arbitary firewalls",
but "to make it simple to understand it is solely designed to handle
typical dialup user and cable
modem setups." This is a newt/slang based tool, (isn't there a
gnome-newt or gtk-newt frontend?), and the description sounds good, but
I get some errors running it, and it doesn't allow some services that I
need.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck