Pixel wrote:

> Chris Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > copy of the Cooker CD I purchased from CheapBytes (slightyly pre-7.0)
> > did not.   You do have to go back however, and move the /dev/cdrom link
> > if you want your CD players, etc. to work correctly.
>
> can you precise?

I have a single IDE burner in the system.   I needed to move the link
/dev/cdrom from /dev/hdb to /dev/scd0 (the generic SCSI device for the
CD) in order for kscd and gtcd to work correctly.   Primarily because
the burner was configured so that the generic SCSI driver would grab it,
rather than the IDE driver.

I knew how to deal with this since I used to have to set this up
manually and recompile the kernel, with previous releases of RH and
Mandrake.

Strangely enough, the supermount function seems to work in either
case.   And the some of the non-X, terminal based CD players seemed to
work OK.   I need to test it further.
begin:vcard
n:Cowan;Chris
tel;cell:512-970-7294
tel;fax:707-988-8744
tel;work:512-328-9888 Ext. 253
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.2nd-wave.com
org:ESM 2ndWave L.C.
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Senior Principal Consultant
adr;quoted-printable:;;1515 Capital of Texas Highway South=0D=0A=0D=0ASuite 400;Austin;TX;78746;
note;quoted-printable:Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant=0D=0A
end:vcard