Chris Cowan wrote:

> Pixel wrote:
> >
> > Chris Cowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >
> > > copy of the Cooker CD I purchased from CheapBytes (slightyly pre-7.0)
> > > did not.   You do have to go back however, and move the /dev/cdrom link
> > > if you want your CD players, etc. to work correctly.
> >
> > can you precise?
> >

> I have a single IDE burner in the system.   I needed to move the link
> /dev/cdrom from /dev/hdb to /dev/scd0 (the generic SCSI device for the
> CD) in order for kscd and gtcd to work correctly.   Primarily because
> the burner was configured so that the generic SCSI driver would grab it,
> rather than the IDE driver.
>
> I knew how to deal with this since I used to have to set this up
> manually and recompile the kernel, with previous releases of RH and
> Mandrake.
>
> Strangely enough, the supermount function seems to work in either
> case.   And the some of the non-X, terminal based CD players seemed to
> work OK.   I need to test it further.

I had to do the same thing.  Air set up a softlink from /dev/cdrom2 to
/dev/hdd, which wouldn't work.  I replaced it with a link to /dev/scd0 and
everything started working fine.

Unlike Chris, who apparently had supermount working either way, I couldn't
access my CD-Writer at all until I fixed the link.

 "Every human being should pursue his or her own dharma perfectly instead
     of following another's dharma imperfectly."  -- Hindu scriptures