I'm following the kickstart guide on the Mandrake web page, trying to create
a kickstart boot disk for Linux Mandrake 7.0 (Air). The boot disk boots the
CDROM but the locale (lang => 'en') line in auto_inst.cfg.pl always leads to
fatal errors:-

    perl: warning: Setting locale failed
    perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:-
        LANGUAGE => ""
        LC_ALL => "en"
        LANG => ""
    are supported and installed on the system.

It then quits, telling me I can either reboot or press CTRL-ALT-F2 to get to
a shell.

The locale is the one I chose when carrying out the interactive installation
that created the auto_inst.cfg.pl file in the first place. I've tried 'en',
'en_US' and even 'fr_FR' (which seems to get a bit further).

Any ideas? :-)

TIA,

Hugo Rabson