A question brought on by recently installing
L-M on a new users system, a recent convert
from the "Empire". How to make a basic, no
recompile "clickable" kernel from the "update" icon
on desktop; whereas no compiling,pointing to /boot,
sustem-map,new,old, lilo-hand editing etc.
would be necessary?

Are there provisions being made for this or
is it entirely impossible? It took me a year or
two to get this somewhat straightened out myself
but to a totally new user, to tell them,,,
"yes, you can click on the update rpms icon but
don't say install to the kernel rpms beacause its
too  complicated for you right now", begins to
confuse the "upgradability" issue somewhat.!

Am I out in "Left field" here.!? I am not advocating
"dumbing down" Linux-Mandrake but merely making
the basic configuration issues a little "simpler"
for new users.

Thanks,

William Bouterse
Juneau Alaska