Frederic Lepied wrote:

> > 1.1.0 is latest, but development unstable. SDL 1.0.X is needed by smpeg (a
> > free mpeg player which includes gtv). Maybe we can keep both, as well as
> > Mesa 3.2cvs?
> >
> I think we should continue our policy to put stable packages in cooker
> and development ones in contrib (like for kernel and perl).

Ok, it's easy for stand alone packages but then what to do with packages depending
on other packages (e.g. for libraries)? rebuild a tree of applications in contrib
(e.g. you can link an application with library X.Y-1.0.so or X.Y.-.1.so), or
for packages where development version is good to, but not good as stable, etc.?
Anyway my consideration comes because I've seen SDL 1.1.0 uploaded.

Bye.
Giuseppe.