From: OS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2000 4:49 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Cooker] Getting there

I posted an e-mail regarding the java debugger supplied with the Sun Java
SDK.

Well, after much messing around I have found that Sun, bless 'em, missed one
file out of the SDK tar ball (it was in ALL the RC releases !) and didn't
copy
a library file to /usr/lib ! (Thanks to Blackdown for that by suggesting
using
strace.)

Any way, to another problem. The java debugger now complains about not being
able to connect to the local host.

So, I tried ping localhost, and ping 127.0.0.1

Why doesn't this work anymore !?!?!?!?!?

It used to work, well when I say used to, I haven't tried ping'ing for ages
and
ages.

Anyway, is this why I can't connect to localhost, or is this a red herring.

Help please,
Owen