no-offense, but i've known this.  thing is, i can't find "any" direct how-to's.
 this i should be pressumabley listed within a "local lans" section.

btw: i've picked up the o'reilly book on x.  scanned thru it.  the answer
might've been listed by plucking and pulling little "hints" thru-out the
chapter but found no info besides setting up "xdm" on the same computer.  not
too much on veiwing remote computer by "x".   maybe i didn't get/find the right
one.

i've been ruthlessly searching for some type of how-to on this x/remote stuff.
nothing.

posted in several linux newsgroups.
nothing.

Surprise!

your the first that has said anything.

Guess once people get their stuff up and running, they forget to document their
techniques.  Of course, this last statement is "no surprise" to me, as i'm in
the same arena.

Thanx for your info on setting it up.  i already new about the "built into the
roots" deal, but after searching 2 mos. for the routing, was rediculous in my
opinion..  the farthest i've gotten with this thang, is the remote command line
logins/rlogins.  <bummer>

--

Sent from:

Lattitude (deg):        32.7130
Longitude (deg):        -117.1530
Altitude (ft):          410.0
GMT to Local (hrs):     -8.0 (daylight savings enabled)

Created with Linux-Mandrake 7.0!

http://www.linux-mandrake.com/

Currently Beta Testing Mandrake Ver >7.0