Hi , Hope someone can help/fix this

The X-Windows Installer has been broken for use with Twin Power Banshee Video Card

Let me explain
When using Mandrake 5.3and 6.0 I had to install the seperate 3DFX-SVGA driver and 3DFX-XF86Setup to select the Banshee and run this Card. I tried 7.0 Beta from the Cooker site and the install routine automatically used the SVGA setup and ran the Card albiet with a few Flickers on the left edge of images and windows (installation of the 3DFX drivers provided fixed this . I then "upgraded" to the Release version 7.0 only to find this no longer works some hours later I Upgraded to current (15/2) Cooker only to find the same problem.

By no longer works I mean Setup runs it's Auto select asks if it should test the setup after I have selected the appropriate resolution for my Monitor (Mitsubishi Diamond View 7221 E for which I have to select Multscan capable of 1280x1024 @ 60 ) Then choosing to run it at 1024x768 by 16million colours.
The Test then dumps to failed please adjust settings, after trying every variable I can think of I still cannot get the X-Windows system running.

Here's Hoping dcd