>From: WH Bouterse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: [Cooker] My Turn To Gripe re SPAM
>Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 08:08:42 -0900
>
>More than one subscriber to this list has
>claimed to have sent in a solution to this problem.
>Including some of the developers.
>
>How about trying out their expertise and seeing
>if indeed we can stop this CRAP!
>
>Thanks, other than SPAM filtering
>you all are doing a FANTASTIC job !!! :o)
>
>William Bouterse
>(presently of Juneau Alaska)

I agree.  I distinctly recall several posts about a possible solution to
this problem.  What's the harm in trying it?  At worst, nothing changes.  It
certainly would be less trouble than the recursive message sending we had a
while ago.

While we are off topic, does anyone have any experience with the email
accounts provided by linuxstart.com and linuxmail.org?  I'm on hotmail right
now and I wouldn't mind getting off since it's owned by Microsoft. ;-)
Anyone have any experience?  linuxmail.org doesn't provide any terms of
service or information before prompting for user info so that makes me kind
of nervous.