Everything appears to be okay, except:

The old 'Backspace sends ^?' no longer works. The ^? sequence now sends Forward
Delete. I have overriden the keytable section so that it uses only ^h, but this
has adverse effects on some X console apps.. I think that ^? should still send
backspace, since this worked before and it seems more universal.

Thanks,
Owen