You might want to try some of the multimedia-related Linux newsgroups
and/or try contacting the xanim author and showing them your video.

Your problem, however, does not seem to be specific to Mandrake or to
your hardware, so I think you'll need to get in touch with
xanim/multimedia experts, and I'm afraid that's not us.  (The fact that
I've taken the lead on responding to this thread is proof enough of
*that*.)

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, you wrote:
| it's weird....allot of (sound & video) mpegs, avi's feel the same way in linux,
| but in windows they run fine.  (..& i just thought it might have been a problem
| w/ my video card setup. bummer)
|
| On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, you wrote:
| > Well, I've tried the compressed images, and the latest xanim codec
| > dll's don't fix them, so I'm afraid I'm out of ideas.
| >
| > It's not that it's an unsupported codec, either; as far as xanim is
| > concerned it's just corrupt.
| >
| > However, Windows likes it just fine . . . sorry I can't offer any
| > further help.
| >

| > On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, you wrote:
| > | wouldn've sent an email but got email returned from you as incorrect address or
| > | something.
| > |
| > | try it now.  i lossed everything on it because of being in a "stupor" when
| > | re-intstalling.  Mainly because the partitions didn't have a "label".  as such,
| > | when i re-install, I called the /home partition as /usr, as a result, formated
| > | by /home partition containing the ftp/httpd/user directories!  oh well....it's
| > | backup now better than before (i think).
| > |
| > | ftp://24.13.20.26/
| > | ftp://24.13.20.26/pub/multimedia/sandiego.lajolla/
| > |
| > | (the latter contains the compressed images...i'll try and upload an
| > | uncompressed one now)
| > |
| > |
| > |